Absolute mental focus - that's what I'm working on now.
It's sort of like the void I've mentioned here before, but a little different. Like the void, it is a very difficult discipline to master and like the void it involves an incredible amount of concentration. However, unlike the void, it doesn't let me see things and stuff, it just lets me focus on one matter completely. At the same time, it allows me to forget all other external sources of energy.
I'm hoping that it will help me in my archery competition, the first one that I will be taking part in, against all the other y1 archers. Sigh, I can't tell you how incredibly stressed out I am over this... I've just Got to win, or at least be the runner up. Like so many things ride on it, my pride being one of the more important.
So, it's just an hour or two of meditation, forgetting everything and playing in my mind the image of the target faces, the flight of the arrows, the way i hold my bow and my entire shooting form. The visualisation of every single step for every single shot. You think it's easy? You try sitting down and freezing for 2 hours with thinking of nothing but the picture of a brick wall in front of your eyes. And then make that brick wall move like you were in a fast train.
Well, this Saturday at 9. Gonna skip classes Again tomorrow to train for this...
Jacob.
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, July 29, 2008
at Tuesday, July 29, 2008
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
.
0 comments
Myself
Jacob-
December 1st
91/20
In reality
A Scorpio
Aspiring Author
A true INFP
Poet
Counsellor
Dreamer
Philosopher
Tale Teller
December 1st
91/20
In reality
A Scorpio
Aspiring Author
A true INFP
Poet
Counsellor
Dreamer
Philosopher
Tale Teller
~~Loves~~
My Family
My Girl
My Mates
My books
Writing
Poetry
Meditation
Swimming
Archery
Stars
Rain
Myself
My Girl
My Mates
My books
Writing
Poetry
Meditation
Swimming
Archery
Stars
Rain
Myself
~~Values~~
Life
Love
Color
Earth
Sound
Power
Simplicity
Knowledge
Imagination
Forgiveness
The Universe
Understanding
People
Love
Color
Earth
Sound
Power
Simplicity
Knowledge
Imagination
Forgiveness
The Universe
Understanding
People
~~Hates~~
Constraint
Ignorance
Disrespect
Bright Lights
Crowds
Misconceptions
Despair
Poverty
Inferiority
Pity
Ignorance
Disrespect
Bright Lights
Crowds
Misconceptions
Despair
Poverty
Inferiority
Pity
~~Wants~
Many things.
Eventually, contentment.
Eventually, contentment.
My...
Poems?
Stories?
Series?
Books?
Pictures?
Unfortunately, it'll never come on the net until it's out on bound pieces of paper.
Stories?
Series?
Books?
Pictures?
Unfortunately, it'll never come on the net until it's out on bound pieces of paper.