You sit in the corner
Silent and still
There are eyes upon your back
As there always will be
You feel the beat of your heart
The warmth of your breath
And the tickle of life
That surrounds you
But does it know
Can it guess
Your mind caged in frozen darkness
Dancing within a growing flame
Your muscles twitch
They can feel it
The slow burning
The steady flowing
In this quiet
In this rare peace
You find the dim light
The searing fire
Is it odd
For a man to discover
Immaculate power
Cluttered chaos
And his Deepest Reprobation
In the most tranquil
And solitary states of mind
Is it strange
For the desire of destruction
To come from the melodies of peace
Can a flameless candle
Ever burn like the sun?
But maybe it is when the world is still
When only darkness remains
That we truly see the brightness
Of even the most lambent of candles
Here I stand
In my darkened mind
With my chin down
And my eyes closed
Standing in the face
Of an infernal blaze
A twister of flame
A spire of fire
Of all my latent power
I lift my head, slowly
Open my eyes, charily
Afraid to be blinded
And yet, the fire only rages on
Casting but a dim, gamboge glow
I put out my hand
Wanting to touch this beckoning fire
Flames reach for me
Licking my fingers, wrapping around my arm
With a sudden, bright gold
I feel the surge
As the golden flames crawl to my neck
Suddenly the darkness around
Is plastered
With the memories of everything
I feel the rage
I feel the pain
I feel the hate
And all the loathing of life
The fire calls to me, speaks to me
Take me, it says
Hold me, it commands
I am your all
A second trickles
My heart lurches forward
I want to comply
Because I needed to destroy the causes
Of these lacerating thoughts
But instead, I pull away
Stepping backwards
Stumbling as I turn
As I spring away
To my neck this time
So nearly consumed by this
Latent rage
Perhaps, no longer Latent
To the blue oasis
I run
To the first layers of peace
That is my mind
To the springs of youth
The waters of healing
The lakes of patience
And the falls of respectful power
To the cool peace
The truthful tranquillity
The mask
And the gates that bar me
From the hell beyond
And yet even as I again wade
In the waters of this oasis
As I feel myself calm and my mental wounds heal
I know that I shall always find that fire again
Because of its beauty
Its enchanting brilliance
Its warm touch
And its promise of fearful power
That it is only a matter of time
Of chance of one careless step
That shall place me with that fire
That the fire shall consume me
And when me, becomes unbridled rage.
-My week, and my head every time I meditate to find peace and how I always find anger.
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, August 12, 2008
at Tuesday, August 12, 2008
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
.
0 comments
Myself
Jacob-
December 1st
91/20
In reality
A Scorpio
Aspiring Author
A true INFP
Poet
Counsellor
Dreamer
Philosopher
Tale Teller
December 1st
91/20
In reality
A Scorpio
Aspiring Author
A true INFP
Poet
Counsellor
Dreamer
Philosopher
Tale Teller
~~Loves~~
My Family
My Girl
My Mates
My books
Writing
Poetry
Meditation
Swimming
Archery
Stars
Rain
Myself
My Girl
My Mates
My books
Writing
Poetry
Meditation
Swimming
Archery
Stars
Rain
Myself
~~Values~~
Life
Love
Color
Earth
Sound
Power
Simplicity
Knowledge
Imagination
Forgiveness
The Universe
Understanding
People
Love
Color
Earth
Sound
Power
Simplicity
Knowledge
Imagination
Forgiveness
The Universe
Understanding
People
~~Hates~~
Constraint
Ignorance
Disrespect
Bright Lights
Crowds
Misconceptions
Despair
Poverty
Inferiority
Pity
Ignorance
Disrespect
Bright Lights
Crowds
Misconceptions
Despair
Poverty
Inferiority
Pity
~~Wants~
Many things.
Eventually, contentment.
Eventually, contentment.
My...
Poems?
Stories?
Series?
Books?
Pictures?
Unfortunately, it'll never come on the net until it's out on bound pieces of paper.
Stories?
Series?
Books?
Pictures?
Unfortunately, it'll never come on the net until it's out on bound pieces of paper.