Posted by Jacob

Impossible...
Apparently that's the word she used between me and her.
Well, I can't really say I'm entirely surprised...
After awhile, even the most stubborn of emotions
Learn that you just have to let go.
And the quicker you do that
The lesser the agony of holding on.

I guess she's the fastest one I let go...
My heart was singing for her one minute
Pounding for her acceptance another
And never even thinking about her the last.

Ah, I guess eventually
Even I get used to girls and their ways
Rejection huh... What a strange feeling
And yet something I cannot deny experiencing
One time too many.

Well, on to the next one I suppose
I found that I was right about one thing
I do need that feeling of passion nested in my heart
For without it I could not write as well
And with it, I stopped watching what people did.

But lo, what a great joy it was
While it lasted
Perhaps there is more to this than simply love
Maybe it is in the nature of men
To love the joy of pursuit
And the energy of a good hunt
Even if you lose it to a mate.

But mayhap I am also right about one other thing
If my life should indeed take the course of an author
Then there would be little opportunity
To pursue romantic visions
Will I then forever remain,
Sad and solitary?

Who know huh... Who knows...

Jacob.

This entry was posted on Monday, September 8, 2008 at Monday, September 08, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments