Posted by Jacob

Every morning
I wake up
And already in my mind
Is only her

I do not see the sunlight
Streaming through my glass windows
Nor do I hear the trains or the cars
That drum on the world

I see her face, her smile
Her amazing eyes and beautiful lips
And I long for her sweet voice
To fill my ears

Before my feet leave my sheets
I remind myself
Of how much I love her
How much I never want to let her go

So why is it
That lately
I can bear to push her back
And turn my head away

If she is all that I have wanted
If she made my life complete
Then how incredibly dumb can I be
To treat her as less than my greatest joy

I don't understand why
I've been so moody lately
Like the sea, I know I change
But I've never been so... Uneven

Something's ticking me out
And I don't really know what
I have to control it
Become the calm me again

Because today
I learned that my smile
Is her smile
And I remembered my promise

To always want to see her smile

I love you

Truly

And if I ever push you away

Hold me tighter

Because your love will show me

That I need to keep you close

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 6, 2009 at Thursday, August 06, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments